Tuesday, April 21, 2009

coyote condo




Hi, friends,
Here are some images of the model and drawing for
"Coyote Condo",
which will be installed this June in Webster's Woods, Port Angeles Fine Art Center's sculpture park. This is the first time I've made a sound loop, and used solar panels etc; the condo is made from recycled pallets and a real huge fir stump, and the life-size coyotes will be made from papermache and resin. The sound loop will be beautiful howling and yipping, and perhaps some human monologue....
The premise of the show is "Cascadia", the northwest utopia. And what's a utopia for coyotes without lots of yummy little bite-sized bunnies ??
smiles, deanna
PS - feedback welcome: I hope this work functions as a humorous critique of over-development and land-use issues.

1 comment:

  1. Deanna, I think it's great. Your drawings and model are really very original and professional. do you really know how to do the solar panel thing? that's amazing. Or are you going to contract it out? I saw the "Cascadia" call but I didn't answer it. Your idea is completely unexpected. I reinvited the other Seitu gang. They must see such high quality ideas too. yours, Sarah

    ReplyDelete