Sunday, May 17, 2009

Flour Bed revisted

Today I made Flour Bed again but in clay and then, in the evening when it was cooler and we knew the clay was firmer, I put mold rubber on it. It will become an aluminum casting like Saltine Bed. I brought Flour Bed air dryed clay and stamping ink version to the residency. This new metal casted version will be part of a trio of work I plan to offer as public art proposal.

7 comments:

  1. I love the new concept - Flour Bed: The Trilogy.
    I still remember the optical illusion you provided us when you first shared the image in last year's blog........It took me forever to register the scale, but I couldn't quit till I figured it out. I look forward to the progress and installation of (and generous compensation for) the Flour Bed Trio!!! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Goldilocks a consultant on this project? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, is the twitter-speak? You'll have to translate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these cast versions actually 3-d like a real bed or are they a wall-work? I was thinking that they'd make a great set of bed-benches if they were bench height ... is that a goofy idea?? ... Bremerton's going to be looking for some artist-benches for Pacific Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, they are 3-D wall pieces. You've seen Rubber Bed. Have you seen Saltine Bed? I miss it. It's in the Puyallup outdoor show (unless I recast it) until 2011. Should I post a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think rubberbed is the only one I've seen ... I just wondered if the cast versions were the same, or if they had legs.
    congrats on the puyallyup show.

    ReplyDelete